December 13, 2008

pre-instruction drawing #2

"draw a person from memory"

well, let's see, i could choose my dad, but that's a cheat because i
look sort of like him. i could choose my brother, but ditto. i could
choose my mom but i'd end up slaughtering her and that's bad because i
love my mom.

after thinking, for some reason, the image of ronald reagan came into my
head. i have no idea why.

i couldn't shake him so i drew him.

OR RATHER I DREW THE MONSTROSITY ON THIS PAGE.

goddamn it's bad. i swear to you, if it'd drawn this first, i'd have
quit the whole course right here, right now. it's bad at a level that's
hard to define in words but easy to laugh at.

as i was drawing at times it looked like lon chaney as "phantom of the
opera," in others (much to the pleasure of mikkel, i'm sure), adolph
hitler.

i made it a point to not cheat and look in the mirror at myself, nor
look back at my self-portrait so i couldn't use any "live" visual cues.

the only nice thing about this image is i've already hit rock bottom.
there's no where to go but up from here.

break it up. move along. there's nothing more to see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unlike other 'blogs b1-66er is involved with, comments on this one will all be responded to. Remember the words of pickles: "it would be kinda lame if they just insulted you."